Sunscreen is a daily essential and of course our No.1 anti-ager, but many questions still remain around SPF, formulations and the ever growing market that is the sun protection industry. When it comes to prevention and protection against the damaging rays of the sun Pippa Hallas, CEO of Ella Baché touches on the issue.
Did you know over 80% of premature ageing is caused by the Australian sun? Not to mention we still have the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, Ella Baché have always been un-rivalled leaders in the sun care category, and as a brand we take great pride in.”
You may find yourself asking what do all the terms mean and more importantly how do they apply to your skin, here are five facts you need to know.
- Prolonged exposure in the sun can lead to signs of premature ageing, therefore using a broad spectrum sunscreen that filters both UVA and UVB rays is imperative.
- UVA rays penetrate deep into the epidermis; unprotected exposure can lead to premature ageing and damage to the skin. While UVB rays penetrate the superficial layer of the skin it is the principal cause of sunburn; both UVA and UVB contribute to skin cancer risk.
- Broad spectrum sunscreens’ filter both UVA and UVB rays; Ella Baché recommends applying a sunscreen that filters both light spectrums.
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) measures how well a cream or lotion protects the skin from sunburn. SPF should be applied first thing every morning, 20 minutes prior to going outdoors.
- Exposure to the sun causes both the epidermis and superficial layers of the skin to age prematurely this can result in pigmentation, dark spots or static fine lines. The regular use of sunscreen helps to prevent these damages as it works in synergy to filter light spectrums.
Did you know?
In Australia only 55% of the population wear sunscreen on a daily basis, here at Ella Baché we believe it should be 100%. Experts in skincare Ella Baché is Australia’s favourite choice when it comes to suncare, offering advanced sunscreen protection with breakthrough product formulas. To ensure these formulations remain market leaders they undergo rigorous testing to ensure the products are of the highest standard with the suncare made and tested in Australia it ensure its stability for the Australian climate.
All of Ella Baché suncare products are tested and approved by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration), a division of the Australian Department of Health, responsible for regulating and safeguarding Australian products. Ella Baché’s suncare ingredients undergo rigorous testing to ensure the products are of the highest standard and suitable for Australia’s climate. Unlike many other suncare products from other brands, Ella Baché’s range is made and tested in Australia to ensure suitability for the Australian climate.