At Ella Baché we believe in knowledge creating results that last and with education at the heart of our brand we are introducing a graduate certificate in intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction.
This qualification is for those who wish to apply their knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies, to reduce hair on the face and body. In this qualification you will learn how to:
- Make complex, high level, independent judgement in consulting with clients and analyse their skin and hair characteristics.
- Design and evaluate intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs.
- Select and use appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Course Duration and Attendance:
The minimum duration to achieve this qualification is 14 weeks. This is comprised of the equivalent of 3 days per week of study, which includes: 1 day per week compulsory attendance at college for practical training, 1 day for self-paced online learning and assessment preparation, and 1 day of work experience.
The 1 day work experience component requires at least 100 hours of work in an actual salon providing treatments to clients with laser or IPL devices for hair reduction. The college may be able to assist applicants with this placement.
The assessment preparation and work experience components are flexible aspects of the course which may be adjusted, depending on the individual circumstances of the learner. The maximum course duration is 24 weeks for all components to be completed.
VET FEE-Help enabled: Yes, if you are an Australian citizen.
More info on VET FEE-HELP
Course entry pre-requisites:
To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, applicants will need to meet the following entry requirements:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy or a relevant qualification at diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology, anatomy and physiology; and
- Significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services;
- Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.
All Australian applicants accessing VET FEE-Help:
All applicants who intend accessing VET FEE-Help must provide a government-issued Senior Secondary Certificate of Education/ Higher School Certificate at enrolment.
Applicants who are unable to provide this Certificate will need to undertake a reading and numeracy assessment and demonstrate competence at or above Exit Level 3 before being granted entry to the Course and applying for VET FEE Help.
All International applicants:
International students may enrol into the on campus course at the North Sydney Campus, subject to meeting an IELTS 5.5 (Academic) or equivalent.
General entry requirements:
All applicants into this qualification will need to provide:
- Access to a computer with stable internet and general office software such as; word processing; PDF reader; and presentation applications.
- The physical capability to perform the role of an advanced beauty therapist including the ability to stand for lengthy periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a place in our Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light Therapy and Laser Hair Reduction course, simply complete the online application form here.
Our Career and Careers Adviser will then contact you within the next working day to confirm next steps.