Our SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy will enable you to become a professionally qualified beauty therapist with skills that are recognised. This well-respected beauty therapy course will give you an education in the fundamentals of the skin paired with all-important practical and diagnostic skills, allowing you to be confident and proficient in performing a wide range of specialised facial and body treatments.
What will you learn?
- Conduct client consultations and perform professional salon services
- Apply a solid understanding of skin biology, anatomy and physiology of major body systems in designing suitable treatments according to the skin type and skin conditions of the client
- Recommend appropriate products for treatments utilising your knowledge of cosmetic chemistry
- Perform a range of body treatments with the latest equipment and different massage techniques including Swedish, lymphatic, stone massage, reflexology and Indian head massage
- Perform specialised professional treatments such as electrolysis and diathermy safely and effectively
- Blend and apply a range of aromatherapy oils for aromatherapy massage and various beauty treatments
- Perform a range of professional waxing treatments hygienically and with minimum discomfort to the client
- Provide professional lash and brow treatments
- Provide nail treatments including manicure and pedicure
- Design and apply makeup to enhance facial features
- Apply small business knowledge in operating and managing salon business