Your cart is currently empty.
Graduate Certificate in IPL and Laser Hair Reduction
- National code: SIB70110
- Delivery mode: Blended Online, On-Campus + Workplace
- Course mode: Full-time
- Next intake: September 2018
- Duration: 14 – 24 weeks
- Study load: 1 day per week on campus practical training with theory completed online
- Requirements: 100 hours of on-the-job practical experience
- Pricing: $5,000
This qualification is for those who wish to apply their beauty therapy knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies, to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body. In this qualification you will learn how to:
- Make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients and analyse their skin and hair characteristics
- Design and evaluate intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- Select and use appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements
Duration and Attendance
The minimum duration to achieve this qualification is 14 weeks. This is comprised of the equivalent of 3 days per week of study, which includes: 1 day per week compulsory attendance at practical training, 1 day for self-paced online learning and assessment preparation, and 1 day of practical on-the-job experience.
The 1-day on-the-job experience component requires at least 100 hours of work in an actual salon providing treatments to clients with laser or IPL devices for hair reduction. The maximum course duration is 24 weeks for all components to be completed.
Flexibility is offered dependent on each student’s location, situation and access to a commercial salon. Students will be assisted, as far as is reasonably practical, to find a work placement in one of the College’s partner salons, however there are no guarantees of successful placement. If students are already working in a salon, they will need to seek advice from College trainers as to the suitability of salons, spas and other commercial enterprises for completion of their 100 hours of placement.
Course Entry Requirements
To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, applicants will need to meet the following entry requirements:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy or a relevant qualification at diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology, anatomy and physiology; and
- Significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services; or
- Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.
All applicants into this qualification will need to provide:
- Access to the equipment and facilities of a commercial salon which provides services in IPL and Laser Hair Reduction
- The physical capability to perform the role of a therapist including the ability to stand for lengthy periods of time
Equipment and Facilities
For the 1 day per week compulsory attendance at the College for practical training and assessment, all Laser and IPL equipment and facilities is provided.
Successful completion of the SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, will provide graduates with 5 units of competency.
- HLTIN402B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings – Core
- SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols – Core
- SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs – Core
- SIBBHRS707A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments – Core
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems – Core
Our Graduate Certificate in Laser and IPL program will give you the competitive edge you need to get the best jobs in Beauty. Drawing on the fundamentals of beauty therapy you will progress to advanced laser and light treatments where you will gain confidence in performing advanced technology based treatments to best practice standards.
Ella Baché College has had an articulation pathway agreement with Victoria University since 2009. This academic pathway opportunity provides graduates of the SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction with 2 subjects of credit, which is equivalent to the first Trimester of the 4-year Bachelor of Health Science (Dermal Therapies) degree.
Graduates of the Course who meet the University entry requirements will be offered a place and can enter the program at the start of the first year. The Dermal Therapies degree at Victoria University can be attempted and completed online from the second year onwards. For more information on the Bachelor of Dermal Sciences please visit Victoria University Website.
RTO Provider No 6704 | CRICOS 01474B | ABN 78 001 446 359