To achieve your SHB50115 -Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualification, 25 Units of Competency must be completed. The 25 Units of Competency are comprised of 13 Core Units, 10 General Elective Units plus 3 Specialisation Elective units. At the commencement of Trimester 3, students will be invited to select one Specialisation Stream.
Domestic students course entry requirements
To attend the Ella Baché College as a student, we require the following:
Proof of Identification:
- Photo identification such as current driver’s license or passport
- VSL applicants, please refer to the VET Student Loan Enrolment Information for more information about the proof of citizenship and the eligibility criteria for enrolment through VSL funding.
Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- All students undertaking nationally recognised training are required to create a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Create your USI here.
Students aged between 16-18:
Students under 18 are not suitable for the EdFlex Blended program and are invited to apply for the EdFlex Campus face-to-face program. However, they must meet the following criteria and provide evidence of the following published entry requirements as stated below:
- Attending an interview at the college and/ or
- Providing supporting evidence such as year 10 school report and/or recommendation from a Principal / Employer / Community group
- Must provide evidence of parental / guardian approval
Students over 18 years of age:
Students over 18 years of age, may enrol into either the EdFlex On Campus or EdFlex Blended program and must provide evidence of the following published entry requirements as stated below:
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Year 10 or equivalent and above
- VSL students must have one of the following academic entry requirements to be eligible for enrolment through VSL funding.
- Completion of any Certificate IV in the Australian Qualifications Framework (with qualification delivered in English); or
- Completion and provision of a copy of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education; or
- Completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to validly and reliably assess a student’s competence at or above ‘Exit level 3’ in both reading and numeracy in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), using the ACER Core Skills Profile for Adults assessment tool. The assessment is conducted with honesty and integrity by providing each student with a unique login, supplied to their provided email address.
Note: If a student completes an ACER assessment as a part of their enrolment, the results will be reported to:
- The student (via email) as soon as practicable after the assessment, and
- The secretary in the form, manner and by the time requested by the Secretary
- Results are required to be stored for 5 (five) years.
Language and Literacy Entry Requirements:
All prospective students are required to complete an ACER LLN assessment to assess their suitability & capacity to undertake the course to ensure they have an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at or above Exit level of 3 in both reading and numeracy.
- Physical capability to perform the role of a beauty therapist, this includes the ability to stand for lengthy periods of time.
- It is important to note that prior to practising on clients, students are expected to perform treatments on each other during practical training sessions throughout the course.
Students are required to provide their own laptop computer or device that is loaded with Microsoft Office 365 software or Open Office 365 (open source). Microsoft Office 2007 or above, and Microsoft Windows 2000 or Mac OS X, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Macro Flash Media.
In addition, students are required to provide their own scanning device, capable of imaging multiple files and compiling into a single PDF document (e.g. a smart phone with Adobe scan).
Intermediate level computer skills are required that include using intermediate level Word features. Ability to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports and undertake internet research.
EdFlex Campus (face to face) Program:
Able to commit to the course duration and time commitments including:
- Course duration: deliver over 12 months including college breaks
- Trimester: three (3) trimesters and 15 weeks per trimester
- Face to face: 2 ½ days per week (20 hours) of face to face classes at our Sydney campus over three x 15 week trimesters
- Self-study: 7 hours per week self-study including learning and assessment tasks x 45 weeks
- Work-placement: one day (6 hours per week) x 25 weeks
EdFlex Blended Program:
Able to commit to the course duration and time commitments including:
- Course duration: deliver over 15 months including college breaks
- Trimester: 18 weeks per trimester over three (3) trimesters
- Online learning component: 9 hours per week of structured online learning and assessment over 54 weeks.
- Face to face practical Lab: minimum of 10 days per 18 weeks trimester for three (3) trimesters at one of our campuses in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
- Self-study: 5 hours per week self-study including learning and assessment tasks over 54 weeks
- Work-placement: one day (6 hours per week) for 25 weeks which is equivalent to a total of 150 hours)
Entry and Enrolment Process:
All prospective students are required to participate in an interview with the Course Career Advisor or the Education Manager. The interview may be in person or via the phone/skype. The information obtained from the interview and the outcome of the ACER LLN test report will be assessed by the Education Manager for the suitability & capacity to undertake the course.
- The SHB50115 - Diploma of Beauty Therapy is a VET Student Loans-approved course:
- A VSL is a loan made to Students by the Commonwealth Government
- A VSL loan will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements
- Students apply for a VSL through the Commonwealth’s Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF). The College cannot apply for a VSL on behalf of the Student.
- The loan will remain a personal debt of the Student until it is repaid to the Commonwealth.
- The Commonwealth Government applies a 20% fee to each Student that applies for a VSL. The amount of HELP debt the Student will accrue if the Student receives the $15,793 maximum amount of VSL for the Course will be $18,951.60.
- A VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid
- Students may wish to seek independent financial advice before applying for a VSL
- The VET Student Loans information booklet can be access by searching here and using the search term ‘VET Student Loans information booklet’
To find out whether you’re eligible for a VET Student Loan (VSL) click here.
- Our Ella Baché College also offers interest-free, flexible payment plans to cover the full course fees. Contact us for more details.
- We are a Study Loans partner, who specialise in providing student loans. For further information, click here.