To achieve your SHB50115 -Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualification, 25 Units of Competency must be completed. The 25 Units of Competency are comprised of 13 Core Units, 10 General Elective Units plus 3 Specialisation Elective units. At the commencement of Trimester 3, students will be invited to select one Specialisation Stream.
International students course entry requirements
There are no entry requirements stated in the Training Package rules for SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy. Ella Bache College however has the following requirements for entry into this qualification as an international student:
International students must be 18 years of age or above and must provide evidence of the following published entry requirements as stated below:
- Current passport identification
- Current student visa
- Overseas Student Health Cover
Unique Student Identifier (USI):
All students undertaking nationally recognised training are required to create a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Create your USI here.
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent and above, and
English Language Entry Requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 minimum (no lower than 5.0 in each band); or
- Cambridge First Certificate of English – Grade C (162-168); or
- TOEFL Paper based (PBT) score of 525; or
- TOEFL Internet based (iBT) score 70; or
- TOEIC (list/Read-620; Speak/Writ-260)
A prospective student does not need to provide evidence of an English test score with his/her application if one of the following applies:
- Prospective student is a citizen and holds a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ, or Republic of Ireland.
- Prospective student has completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- in the 2 years before applying for the student visa, the prospective student completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while the prospective student held a student visa.
Language and Literacy Entry Requirements:
All prospective students are required to complete an ACER LLN assessment to assess their suitability & capacity to undertake the course to ensure they have an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at or above Exit level of 3 in both reading and numeracy.
- Physical capability to perform the role of a beauty therapist, this includes the ability to stand for lengthy periods of time.
- It is important to note that prior to practicing on clients, students are expected to perform treatments on each other during practical training sessions throughout the course.
Students are required to provide their own laptop computer or device that is loaded with Microsoft Office 365 software or Open Office 365 (open source). Microsoft Office 2007 or above, and Microsoft Windows 2000 or Mac OS X, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Macro Flash Media.
Intermediate level computer skills are required that include using intermediate level Word features. Ability to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports and undertake internet research.
Must be able to commit to the course duration and time commitments including:
- Course duration: deliver over 52 weeks including college breaks
- Trimester: 15 weeks per trimester over three (3) trimester
- Face to face: 2 ½ days per week (20 hours) of face to face classes at our Sydney campus over three x 15 week trimesters
- Self-study: 7 hours per week self-study including learning and assessment tasks x 45 weeks
- Work-placement: one day (6 hours per week) x 25 weeks
Entry and Enrolment Process
All prospective students are required to participate in an interview with the Course Career Advisor or the Education Manager. The interview may be in person or via the phone/skype. The information obtained from the interview and the outcome of the ACER LLN test report will be assessed by the Education Manager for the suitability & capacity to undertake the course.